Thursday, September 30, 2010

Hate and Stalking go hand in hand

My wife warned against using Photoshop because it is kind of a cop out but unless I get sponsored or Jon Stewart hires me I'm not sure how to fight all the stupid out there. I'll do my best to go where I can but in the meantime I can use the digital universe and the internet to "place" myself wherever I see stupid.

Today's project is Michigan Assistant Attorney General Andrew Shrivel--a'hem, I mean--Shirvell, who has made it his mission in life to try and bring down the University of Michigan's student body president, Chris Armstrong. He says it is not because Chris is a homosexual but because Chris is trying to advance the "homosexual agenda." I'm not sure what the "homosexual agenda" is other than trying to obtain equal rights with the rest of their fellow Americans so obviously I must be missing something.

Mr. Shrivell has even gone to the lengths of creating a blog called Chris-Armstrong-Watch and he pretty much follows this guy around and posts about all the "crazy" things this student body president is doing. Now, most people would call that a simple love crazed stalker but Mr. Shrivell uses his photoshop skills as well and puts swastikas all over pictures of Chris because Nazis loved homosexuals. I was going to provide a link to the picture I'm referring to but it looks like the enormous interest from Anderson Cooper's interview has caused his blog to be "only for invited readers" now. That was not the case this morning. This might be the first smart thing Mr. Shrivell has done in the past 6 months.

Anyway, there's really only one thing I want to point out about this situation. Yes, Mr. Shrivell has the right to do whatever he wants when he's not "on the clock" with the State Attorney General's office. Yes he has the same First Amendment rights as everyone else. So, in essence he's not doing anything illegal. But that is like your little brother holding his finger one inch in front of your face and saying, "I'm not touching you! I'm not touching you!" He's right. He's not touching you but it doesn't mean you are not going to smack him in about 10 seconds. A pretty stupid thing to do for a younger brother.

And to start a blog, protest outside this kid's house, and basically use all his spare time to go after that kid does pretty much scream stalker (and maybe jilted lover? I'm just sayin'...).

It looks like Chris and the University of Michigan felt the same way and Mr. Shrivell is banned from being on campus or being anywhere near Chris Armstrong.

I think it will be just a matter of time before the Attorney General help to rid his office of stupidness and fires Mr. Shrivell. He can go work for the AFA. I'm building my list on them right now and they'll soon be guests of my blog.

1 comment: